More than 3,000 Organizations Rely on AlienVault to Detect Threats and Mitigate the Impact of a Breach
AlienVault™, the leading provider of Unified Security Management™ solutions and crowd-sourced threat intelligence, today announced that it ended 2015 with unprecedented momentum. The company closed out the year with more than 55 percent year-over-year sales growth and increased its install base to over 3,000 commercial customers. AlienVault’s new customer wins came from a broad range of industries around the globe, ranging from mid-sized companies, regional banks, retailers, healthcare organizations and universities to large government agencies such as City of Lewiston, The University of Oklahoma, McCurrach, NetPay, Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory, Bank of Marin, Good Samaritan Hospital, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas and Starplex Cinemas.
AlienVault attributes its 2015 momentum to increased deployments of its Unified Security Management (USM) platform, a comprehensive and affordable threat detection and incident response solution, which leverages AlienVault Open Threat Exchange™ (OTX), the world’s largest crowd-sourced threat intelligence network. AlienVault’s unified approach to security management provides complete security visibility, enabling the smallest IT departments to the largest teams at enterprise-level organizations to detect and respond to threats and manage their environments more effectively.
“AlienVault’s exceptional year is a reflection of the unique capabilities we offer to enable organizations of all types and sizes to quickly detect and mitigate the impact of a breach,” said Barmak Meftah, president and CEO at AlienVault. “The security concerns have not changed significantly; however, the cybersecurity skills shortage is on the rise. As more organizations struggle with the challenges of hiring and retaining staff, as well as the complexity of deploying and managing multiple products, we saw a surge in both end user customers and MSSP partners deploying USM.”
Additional highlights from AlienVault’s exceptional year include:
- AlienVault was once again the only vendor placed in the Visionaries quadrant of Gartner’s 2015 Magic Quadrant for Security Information and Event Management (SIEM).
- AlienVault closed a $52 million Series E funding round, which brought the company’s total funding raised to nearly $116 million.
- AlienVault expanded its management team with the addition of Brian Robins as CFO, Anthony D’Angelo as VP of worldwide channel sales and Catherine Kelly as VP of EMEA sales.
- AlienVault added 26 new OTX partner members, including HP and Intel, to broaden the reach of cyber threat intelligence sharing to enable more organizations to stay ahead of emerging attacks.
- AlienVault more than tripled the number of managed security service provider (MSSP) partners using USM as a platform for their service offerings, ending 2015 with 285 MSSPs. The company also expanded its MSSP relationship with T-Systems to Germany and signed Fujitsu in Japan.
- AlienVault was named to Deloitte’s 2015 “Technology Fast 500” list of the fastest-growing companies in North America. The company was also named to Forbes’ list of hottest cybersecurity startups of 2015 and ranked third in the Cybersecurity 500 List of Companies to Watch in 2015.
- Additional awards and distinctions included recognition as the Best SME Security Solution by SC Awards Europe; European IT & Software Excellence Awards Finalist and Best Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Solution of the Year by Computing Security.
- AlienVault updated USM to provide greater visibility into systems, data and users, with built-in essential security controls, compliance management and integrated threat intelligence. With the release of AlienVault USM for AWS, the company delivered a new layer of security for IT teams using Amazon Web Services. The company also released a new version of OTX, which is modeled on social sharing technologies, enabling security practitioners from around the world to openly research and collaborate on emerging threats, better correlate data and quickly implement threat data into their own security systems, including AlienVault’s USM platform.
- Learn more about AlienVault
- Learn more about Unified Security Management and the Open Threat Exchange
- Subscribe to AlienVault’s blogs
- Follow AlienVault on Twitter @alienvault