Collaborative work management (CWM) platform Wrike has announced seven new security features, including encryption key management, customized access management and cloud access security broker (CASB) integration support. The company has also earned the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification from the British Standards Institution, which ensures that Wrike has an end-to-end security framework and a risk-based approach to managing information security.
The Wrike security strategy includes a comprehensive approach across five categories: physical, network, system, application, and people. The new security features include:
• Wrike Lock is an add-on feature that allows customers to own and manage the keys to their encrypted Wrike data, giving them data access control and audit capabilities even though their data is in the cloud.
• CASB integration support allows customers to use the CASB offering of their choice to enforce enterprise security policies on their Wrike data, enabling them to spot unusual user activity easily and better protect data stored in the cloud.
• Customized Access Roles ensure better privacy and content integrity by enabling customers to create roles with unique permission sets that satisfy a variety of access and sharing requirements.
• Access Reports enable customers to quickly and easily see which users have access to folders, projects, and tasks, as well as any tasks with attachments that external guest users have been invited to review.
• Selective sharing allows customers to make it so that Folders and Projects do not follow the default of inheriting sharing settings from parent Folders or Projects, giving greater access control over specific Subfolders and Subprojects.
• The new sharing interface makes it easier and more intuitive for users to modify sharing settings, better enabling and encouraging them to take greater control of access to work in Wrike.
• The new antivirus feature will scan files for viruses before being uploaded to Wrike, which will enhance the security of users’ devices by mitigating the risk of uploading or downloading infected files from Wrike. This feature will be available in 2H 2019.
The company estimates that more than 250,000 organisations around the world have now adopted a CWM solution. The company says that no other CWM vendor provides activity or access reports, exclusive customer management of encryption keys for all stored data or CASB integration support.
“Collaborative work management is how businesses are responding to a more tech-savvy workforce that expects the flexible benefits of collaborating and managing all kinds of work – not just formal projects,” according to IDC Research Director for Social, Communities, and Collaboration, Wayne Kurtzman. “Often starting in small teams, enterprise-wide deployments offer significant benefits to company productivity, but often require complex security and governance requirements. Wrike Lock, as well as the company’s other enterprise-grade security features and certifications, make Wrike an attractive and viable option for enterprise customers.”
“Security is a top concern for enterprise companies, and rightly so, but SMBs often fail to examine new apps and tools with the same level of scrutiny – and they do so at their own peril,” said Wrike Founder and CEO Andrew Filev. “In today’s digital world, the moment you believe you are secure is the moment you open yourself to an attack or breach, regardless of your company’s size. The ISO certification, Wrike Lock, and all of our new and upcoming security features demonstrate our commitment to making Wrike the most secure CWM platform on the market, and we will continue to invest in the security of our services to exceed industry standards.”
The company confirmed that the new sharing interface is available for all customers, regardless of their plan, and the ISO certification is for Wrike as a whole, so it too applies to all plans. Customized Access Roles, Selective Sharing, Access Reports, and CASB support are available to customers on the Enterprise plan. Wrike Lock is an add-on feature available for customers on the Enterprise plan.