Wikileaks has claimed its servers were hit prior to releasing hundreds of thousands of documents on Tuesday purporting to reveal Turkey’s “political power structure”.
The site said it would release the documents in the wake of the failed attempt to overthrow President Recep Tayyip Erdogan last week.
The whistleblowing site said it had come “under sustained attack” on Tuesday and was “unsure” of the origin of the attack, though it suggested the Turkish state might be involved.
“Turks will likely be censored to prevent them reading our pending release of 100k+ docs on politics leading up to the coup,” the organisation tweeted prior to the attack.
“We ask that Turks are ready with censorship bypassing systems such as TorBrowser and uTorrent.”
The organisation said that the first batch it plans to release will contain 300,000 emails and 500,000 documents with most of the material in Turkish.
Original Source: Middle East Eye
View the full story here.