A hacker believed to be behind cyber attacks on South Korea’s sole nuclear power plant operator released more files on Thursday.
With a company official saying that the data was not believed to have been newly stolen, but from a previous hacking, more files were posted on Twitter on Thursday with a demand for money and an email address where the hacker said he could be contacted, claiming there have been offers from other countries to buy data related to nuclear power plants.
Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power, part of state-run utility Korea Electric Power Corp, said in December its computer systems had been hacked but only non-critical data had been stolen and operations were not at risk. The hacker had at that time demanded the shutdown of three reactors threatening, in Twitter messages, “destruction” if not.
“We don’t know how they were leaked but one thing for sure is that there has been no attack from anti-nuclear groups since December,” an official at Korea Hydro and Nuclear Power Co Ltd, told Reuters, referring to the newly posted files.