International Cyber Expo today announced the speaker line-up for its annual Global Cyber Summit sponsored this year by Snyk, and hosted at Olympia London on the 27th and 28th of September 2022. Introduced by former CEO of NCSC, Professor Ciaran Martin CB, the Summit endeavours to be an educational platform for IT professionals, C-Level executives and board members on the issues impacting the industry; both current and emerging.
In a combination of roundtable discussions, fireside chats and presentations, sessions will explore a variety of themes; from cyber warfare, ransomware, and the legal landscape as it relates to data privacy, to building diversity into one’s business culture, and the questions raised by emerging technologies like the metaverse, blockchain and quantum computing.
Having introduced the summit, Professor Ciaran Martin CB will hand over to an exciting mix of globally-recognised experts, exploring the state of cybersecurity from an unconventional approach; this will be continued on the second day.
On Day 1, Professor Ciaran Martin CB will be accompanied on stage by:
- Dr. Victoria Baines, British Computer Society Fellow and former Trust and Safety Manager for Facebook EMEA, will speak about online trust and safety in the age of surveillance as well as touch upon the politics of security, more generally.
- Charlie Morrison, Head of the Cyber Griffin team – a programme which makes up one arm of the City of London Police’s Cyber Crime Unit – will delve into the current intelligence and trends observed within the nation’s centre of business, otherwise known as the ‘Square Mile’.
- Christine Bejerasco, Chief Technology Officer at With Secure and a globally sought-after keynote speaker, will explore the agility of threat actors and the width of the attack surface before diving into an outcome-based approach to cybersecurity.
- Lisa Forte’s Respect in Security Team will be taking to the stage for a panel discussion with TEDx speaker, Marilise de Villiers, Founder & CEO – ROAR, amongst others, and will be exploring how far the industry has come in embracing diversity, but within the context of the Respect in Security campaign. Jitender Arora, CISO at Deloitte, will be joining in the conversation.
On Day 2, some highlights include:
- Titled ‘How to Steal a Vaccine’, Rob Shapland, ethical hacker and head of Cyber Innovation at Falanx Cyber, demonstrates how cybercriminals design, plan and maximise the success of their attacks in an effort to steal Covid vaccines.
- Like all government agencies and in particular, with the National Cyber Security Centre being part of Government Communications HQ (GCHQ), anonymity is part of the game. However, the NCSC has confirmed a senior director to give real insights as to how they are keeping industry and the public safe from growing cyber threats and will be answering questions as to how to best use their services.
- With the Summit’s international focus, Scott Wilcox, CEO of Sicuro will be giving insights from a Dubai and Middle East perspective where he is based, examining why security departments are unprepared for persistent threats and more. What will be clear are the similarities that transcend international borders.
“We are honoured to welcome a myriad of esteemed industry experts to speak at this year’s Global Cyber Summit; all of whom share in our mission to empower the community with knowledge and drive collaboration to tackle our ever-growing list of challenges,” said Philip Ingram MBE, former senior British Military Intelligence Officer and Content Lead for the International Cyber Expo. “The last thing we want to do is sit an audience in front of another sales pitch, so we have made a point not to accept paid speaking opportunities. We are committed to producing a show that brings value to our attendees, and I believe we will have accomplished that, thanks to our guest speakers.”
All sessions will be ranked according to technicality, allowing attendees – be they non-technical or highly-technical – to find discussions best suited to them.
For the full Global Cyber Summit programme, visit: https://www.internationalcyberexpo.com/global-cyber-summit
To register for FREE as a visitor: https://ice-2022.reg.buzz/e1