International Cyber Expo has announced its programme for the annual Global Cyber Summit, sponsored by Sonatype, OpenText, and Infoblox, and hosted at Olympia London on the 26th and 27th of September 2023. The summit returns with greater international appeal. Among other topics of discussion, guest speakers will provide the Ukrainian perspective on cyber security, in light of recent geopolitical events.
With opening remarks by Professor Ciaran Martin CB, Chair of International Cyber Expo’s Advisory Council, the Global Cyber Summit assembles some of the industry’s greatest minds to review ongoing cyber threats, priorities and challenges. Uniquely, the programme this year invites advisors closely associated with Ukrainian government agencies to present their invaluable insight into the reality and impact of Russian cyber-attacks on the country and beyond.
Special guest speakers include Oksana Kharchenko, a member of YouControl – a Ukrainian team of developers creating services for business analysis – who will delve into the challenges of managing sanctions risk in the current geopolitical setting. Andrew Hural, Director, MDR of UnderDefense – a prominent cyber security company offering pro bono services to Ukrainian government entities – will also reflect on the last 500 days of Russian cyber operations, determining the successes and failures of their espionage.
Other globally pertinent subject matters will be discussed by world-renowned experts as well.
Below are a few agenda highlights:
- Nicola Whiting MBE, co-owner of Titania Group, will reveal why diversity and inclusion efforts might be stalling, and provides a new framework.
- Theresa Deumchen, Tech Policy Associate at Global Counsel, examines the regulatory landscape concerning generative AI.
- Alexsander Gorkowienko, SecurityLabs Senior Managing Consultant at Spirent Communications, will explain how EU security regulations, such as the NIS 2 Directive, might affect businesses across the region.
- Jake Moore, Global Cyber Security Advisor at ESET, sheds light on his attempt to manipulate recruitment staff, land a job inside a company and gain full access to their data.
- Stewart Bertram, Head of Cyber Threat Intelligence at Elemendar, utilises a mix of case studies and theories to expose the crossover between misinformation and cyber threat operations.
- Rashik Parmar, Group CEO of BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, and Dr Saritha Arunkumar, IBM Public Cloud Worldwide Technical Leader – Security, sit together on a panel to address the question: What does the rise of AI and quantum computing mean for the future of cyber security?
- Charlotte Hooper, Helpline Manager at The Cyber Helpline highlights the impact of cybercrime on individuals and what can be done to support them.
Attendees of the Global Cyber Summit can also take advantage of scheduled talks at the co-located International Security Expo. In fact, Joel Aleburu at Microsoft will be speaking here about the role of cyber espionage in terrorist activities on the first day of the event; while Joe Wrieden, Intelligence Analyst at Cyjax will assess the key role of Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) in serious and organised crime on the second day.
“It has been an absolute delight and honour to curate International Cyber Expo’s Global Cyber Summit agenda, once again. We received a substantial influx of speaker submissions, far surpassing that of last year, which only goes to prove the event’s success since its inaugural launch last year,” said Philip Ingram MBE, former senior British Military Intelligence Officer and Content Lead for International Cyber Expo. “We have a phenomenal schedule of speakers, tackling a number of timely topics from AI and quantum computing to the Ukrainian experience amid its Russian invasion. Equally important, and what makes the Summit one-of-a-kind, is the opportunity for audiences to explore the overlapping nature of these issues in the cyber and physical worlds, considering International Security Expo is just down the hall.”
All sessions are CPD Certified.
While it continues to be refined, you can find the latest Global Cyber Summit programme and details about speakers, here: https://www.internationalcyberexpo.com/international-security-conference
To register for FREE as a visitor: https://ice-2023.reg.buzz/eskenzi